This article has not been completed yet. However, it may already contain helpful Information and therefore it has been published at this stage.
- Open outbound Connection - TCP / Port 1433
- Onpremise SQL Database - Server
- Database (AdventureWorksDW2019.bak)
- Tables that should be synchronized need to be equipped with a primary key - "DBO.DimCustomer"
Creating a Resource Group
Creating an Azure - Database:
Sync - Setup
Caution: It is important to archive the agent key, as it will be needed at a later point in time.
Installing the Sync Agent (onprem)
There are several options:
- MSA - Managed Service Account
- Service Account (Domain User)
Configuration of the Sync Agent Part 1
At this point, we'll make a short break and perform one more customization in Azure.
SQL Firewall Adjustment in Azure:
Configuration of the Sync Agent Part 2
Adding the OnPrem Database to the Syncgroup
Table selection to be synchronized
Performing the first synchronization
Expected Result (Cloud (Hub - DB)):
Link to larger version of the image