This article has not been completed yet. However, it may already contain helpful Information and therefore it has been published at this stage.
- Your vCenter 7.0 server automatically expired your root password
- You left the default setting to expire the root password in your vCenter Appliance
- When you try to log on to the management website :5480 with root, it says the password is expired.
- You know what the root password is.
- Connect to your VCSA (vCenter Appliance) using SSH – logging on with root and your expired password will work
# Connecting via SSH to VSCA (vCenter Appliance) ssh root@<VSCA - IP>
- You will pe prompted to change your password
Prevent the root password from expiring again
- To prevent the root password from expiring again, log onto vCenter management website ( :5480), go to Administration menu, and change the password settings here.
If you use a long, complex password, there is no reason to automatically expire it. Long and complex means 14+ characters!